Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Sorry no pictures

I'm throwing this together from work, so I can't post any new pictures right now, but I will soon. There are a couple of cool developments which I would love to share with you.

First of all, Elliot took a step on Sunday. We had Andrea's family over for a BBQ birthday bash for me (because I am getting old). While we were all in the living room Grandpa Verwoerd reached out to Elliot while he was holding on to his mom and standing up and Grandpa said "come to Grandpa". Elliot let go and solidly stepped away from his mother. How long he stood there has been debated. I think it was two or three seconds before Andrea grabbed him, Andrea says it was ten seconds. It may have been somewhere in between.

Second of all, while I was giving Elliot a bath on Monday, he was playing with his little race car. He loves cars and trucks right now, pushing them along the carpet and making them drive. On Monday, during his bath, he was making car noises like his dad does. He did the "vroom" while the car was going and then a "scrreeach" when it made sharp turns.

Third of all, he slept all night for two nights in a row (more importantly, he let his mother sleep for two whole nights).

Fourthly, for lunch today Andrea fed Elliot wheat for the first time and he ate it really well. This opens up a whole bunch of new food possibilities which we are excited about.

He is smiling a lot still, which you will see if I ever put up more pictures (which is what everyone is really here for).

No comments: