Monday, October 24, 2005

Elliot's first Hockey Injury


I have, over the last few months, been looking everywhere for Elliot's first hockey stick. I refused a few times to spend more than five dollars on the tiny plastic sticks I found at Walmart, Granville Island and ToysRUs . I was beginning to lose hope of ever finding the perfect inexpensive hockey stick for Elliot. Then on the day of his last birthday party, his mom bought a cool plastic stick at the dollar store for 1.50. For five days he carried it around and I showed him how to stick handle and I showed him a wrist shot. The following Saturday he and I were playing enthusiastically with that same hockey stick. It turned out we were playing too enthusiastically as he ended up falling face first onto the ground, his hockey stick breaking his fall and shattering into pieces. For the day following, he bore a few red marks on his face. I have to admit, as sad as I was for him, I was also a little proud. :)

ps. The picture above isn't of his injury but I thought it was a cool collage of closeups so I threw it in.

No comments: