Thursday, September 28, 2006

Not much left to teach him...

Every morning now, Elliot will start making noise when he wakes up - which is normal. What is different about the last few days is that when I get to his door I ask him to get out of bed and open the door. And he does it. And then he is really proud of himself and tells me over and over that he got out of bed and opened the door.
There are few things which make me sadder these days then having Elliot open the door to his room. A reminder that he is growing up really fast.
Even more amazing (because I coached him with the morning ritual but not the evening ritual), when I bring Elliot upstairs and read him some stories, he tells me when he is done reading stories. How he tells me is by hugging me and having Ernie and Bert hug me. Then he hugs the book. I turn down the lights.
Everything is pretty normal so far.
And then,
And then,
And then,
...Elliot gets out of the chair all by himself, tucks Ernie and Bert into his bed, climbs in all by himself, and covers himself up with blankets!
Not even two years old yet and the boy is putting himself to bed! Where did our little Elliot go?

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: